If you’re simply running errands or taking in the local sights, feel free to cruise your electric vehicle (EV) all around Phoenix, and Arizona for that matter. According to the North Phoenix Blog, there are 538 charging stations around the state. When it’s time to power up, check out the list below of EV charging stations, or consult the Alternative Fuels Data Center‘s map of Phoenix-area alternative fueling stations.
1. Fuel up at Fry’s. Twenty-eight Fry’s grocery stores in the Phoenix area are equipped with EV charging stations, according to an article by Phoenix Business Journal. The company’s most recent EV project is bringing level-2, quick-charge charging stations, and DC Fast Chargers, to stores across the city and country.
2. Plug in and shop. Kohl’s department stores have been outfitting their parking lots with EV plug-
ins, so you can power up while you power shop. The store at 17232 N. 19th Ave. in North Phoenix has four ECOtality charging stations to choose from.
3. Go green. Plan a day visiting the 55 acres of the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. When you park, head back to row 4, where you’ll locate the charging stations. You can track down these (and other car charging ports) by visiting chargepoint.com and searching “Phoenix”.
4. Learn and charge. At the Phoenix Children’s Museum you can not only take a walk through Noodle Forest or crawl to the top of the Schuff-Perini Climber, but you can also teach the little ones about eco-friendly vehicles. Charge up in the parking lot, and by the time you’re ready to head home for the day, you car is ready to roll.
5. Power up while you work. The Phoenix Convention Center is one of the top 10 convention centers in the country, so chances are you’ll be making a pit stop here for work or an event at some point. When you do, be sure to park in the East Garage, where you’ll find a six charging stations, open 24/7.
Recommended by the Editors: