Let the #FamilyGames Begin! Fun Winter Challenges to Play at Home
#FamilyGames is a series of fun winter challenges we created so that the entire family can play inside when it’s too cold to play outside. Ready to test your strength, your precision and your focus? Gather up the family for a few simple games and see who takes home gold!
Cotton Ball Medley – A Trio of Events
Our first game in the #FamilyGames series? The Cotton Ball Medley, which consists of three events:
- Cotton Ball Drive, involves turning your living room into a golf course.
- Cotton Ball Toss, where you’ll be launching cotton balls into cups.
- Cotton Ball Dash, a twist on the old egg and spoon race.
Players, supplies you’ll need
To play each event in the Cotton Ball Medley, you’ll need at least two players and a judge, plus the following supplies:
- Cotton balls (about 20 per player)
- Paper plate
How to play
Directions and course ideas for each event are detailed in the infographic below. Don’t forget: Take photos of everyone playing! Upload them to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the #FamilyGames hashtag.
Cotton Ball contenders ready? Game on!
How to keep score
Judges can download a scorecard for the Cotton Ball Medley below. Players get points for each event: 1st place gets 3 points; 2nd place gets 2 points; and 3rd place gets 1 point.
How to pick the winner
Add up all the points at the end of the series, and the player with the most points wins! We’ve created 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place ribbons for the top three players! Download the printable ribbons below.
- #FamilyGames: Build the Ultimate Indoor Fort
- Tabletop Curling: Stage an At-Home Version of This Curious Sport