Holiday sweaters aren’t the only things that can get ugly this season. Holiday hazards at home can pose a threat to your cheer, whether you leave your valuables exposed while hosting a holiday open house, overload your electrical outlets or fail to extinguish your candles before leaving the room.
For instance, Allstate found that during the 2011-2014 holiday seasons, the median claim filed after property went missing after a party was $1,500. During that same time period, fires that sparked from candles and fireplaces resulted in a median $9,000 claim, while the median cost of a claim related to electrical fires was $18,000.
Visit Allstate’s Holiday Decorator for more information about potential hazards in your own home and to receive safety tips.