How to Turn an Empty Can into a Lantern
Finding the outdoors a bit too dark? According to howtosurviveit.com, you can light up your campsite, backyard or even a tailgate with this cool lantern made out of an empty soda can. It will maximize the brightness of your candle and protect it from the elements, too.
What you’ll need:
- Empty soda can
- Tea light candle
- Safety gloves
1. Cut vertically down the center of one side of the empty can, leaving around 1-2 inches at both the top and bottom of the can still intact.
2. At both the top and bottom of that vertical cut, make two more perpendicular cuts across, forming a capital “I”.
3. Open the can up where you made the cuts, which will create two flaps that can be pulled back, revealing the inside of the can.
4. Place a small candle inside the bottom of the can and … let there be light!
5. Use the tab at the top of the can to hang the lantern on a branch or by a string. Important: Be careful when handling, as the lantern gets hot, and make sure to blow out the candle when you’re finished!